In honor of Betsy Reifman, our beloved colleague, Maine RID has established the Betsy Reifman Leadership Award. This award is presented annually to a Maine RID member who exhibits the qualities that Betsy embodied and that we all admired: leadership within Maine RID, active participation in the interpreting community, dedication to ethical decision-making and supportive of the profession’s growth.
1. Nominations will occur throughout the months of February and March. Nominations submitted prior to this date may not be accepted. Nominations submitted after March 31, cannot be accepted.
2. The award criteria will be posted on the website on the Betsy Reifman Leadership page.
3. Nomination information will be posted on the MeRID website home page from January 1 – March 31.
4. Any member in good standing may nominate any Maine RID member.
5. Only one vote per member is allowed.
6. Nominations will be made through email. A reply email will be sent informing the individual that their nomination has been received. Members who submitted a nomination but do not receive a return email should resubmit their nomination through US postal service.
7. The nomination must include the members name and a blurb describing why this individual should be the award recipient.
8. Board selects the winner from the nominees. If a Board member is nominated, he/she will abstain from the discussion and vote. If a board member nomination does not make it as a finalist, that nominated member may rejoin the discussion and vote.
9. In RARE occasions, should the board decide there are two equally deserving individuals the board may declare both individuals award recipients. Each would receive 50% of the predetermined gift certificate.
10. The winner will be announced at the spring general meeting. The award recipient’s name will be posted on the Maine RID website. An ongoing list of the recipients will be maintained on the Betsy Reifman Leadership page of the website.