Maine RID is an affiliate state chapter of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc (RID). We are a membership driven, non-profit organization that functions in accordance with the goals of RID Inc. The state of Maine enjoys a vibrant and diverse interpreting community.
Our purpose is to:
- Advance professional and ethical standards for interpreters
- Provide and sponsor professional development opportunities for the enhancement of interpreting skills
- Promote the rights of interpreters, clients, and consumers
- Educate the public on the provision of interpreter services and on the ethical standards of the profession
- Practice and uphold the Code of Professional Conduct established by RID & NAD, Inc.
Maine RID Board 2019-2021
July 1, 2019-June 30, 2021
Meryl Troop– firstname.lastname@example.org
Evah Hellewell– email@example.com
Tristen Downey– firstname.lastname@example.org
Zachary Hardy– email@example.com
Tammy DeHetre– firstname.lastname@example.org
July 1, 2020- June 30, 2022
Josh Seal – email@example.com
Deborah Myers- firstname.lastname@example.org
Judy Shepard-Kegl- email@example.com
Elaine Olsen-Williams- firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Regions Rep.
Byron Oakes- email@example.com
Southern Regions Rep.
Cynthia Young- firstname.lastname@example.org
July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020
Rebecca Fransman– email@example.com