Maine RID is an affiliate state chapter of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc (RID). We are a membership driven, non-profit organization that functions in accordance with the goals of RID Inc. The state of Maine enjoys a vibrant and diverse interpreting community.
Our purpose is to:
- Advance professional and ethical standards for interpreters
- Provide and sponsor professional development opportunities for the enhancement of interpreting skills
- Promote the rights of interpreters, clients, and consumers
- Educate the public on the provision of interpreter services and on the ethical standards of the profession
- Practice and uphold the Code of Professional Conduct established by RID & NAD, Inc.
Maine RID Board July 1st 2019 – June 30th 2021
Meryl Troop– email@example.com
Evah Hellewell– firstname.lastname@example.org
Tristen Downey– email@example.com
Zachary Hardy– firstname.lastname@example.org
Tammy DeHetre– email@example.com
Josh Seal – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Myers- email@example.com
Judy Shepard-Kegl- firstname.lastname@example.org
Elaine Williams- email@example.com
Northern Regions Rep.
Byron Oakes- firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Regions Rep.
Cynthia Young- email@example.com
July 1, 2020- June 30, 2021
Sam Anderson & Ashley — firstname.lastname@example.org